Bachelor of Biomedicine
The Bachelor of Biomedicine offers 13 majors across a range of biomedical disciplines. If you're interested in entering the health professions, Biomedicine is an ideal choice.
The Bachelor of Biomedicine prepares you for the challenges of healthcare delivery and biomedical research. At the core of the degree is knowledge of the normal structure and function of the body and consideration of the determinants of disease.
You’ll develop fundamental skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, the analysis of evidence and communication.
- Ranked #1 in Australia and #15 in the world for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015–2016)
- Ranked #1 in Australia and #27 in the world for Biological Sciences (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016)
- Ranked #1 in Australia and #36 in the world for Life Sciences (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015–2016)
- The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences is located within the Parkville Precinct, one of the world’s most highly concentrated precincts of biomedical research
- The Bachelor of Biomedicine provides a unique study experience, where you will be part of a close-knit community of inspiring, high-achieving students from all over the world. The Biomedicine Student Society collaborates with the faculty student centre to run academic and social activities, designed to complement your studies and help you form friendships across all year levels.
Majors (focus your undergraduate degree)
The Bachelor of Biomedicine offers 13 majors across a range of biomedical disciplines:
Chancellor’s Scholars Program
The Chancellor’s Scholars Program offers very high-achieving students at Melbourne a guaranteed place in the graduate program of their choice, along with a program of enrichment activities during their undergraduate studies.
Entry requirements for the Bachelor of Biomedicine
The Clearly-in Rank is the lowest score at which students were granted entry in 2016. i
The Clearly-in Rank should be used as a guide for entry. It is not set in advance and may vary from year to year. The Clearly-in Rank is determined by the number of places available, the number of applicants listing the course as a preference and the academic achievement of those applicants.
Access Melbourne allows you to be considered below the Clearly-in Rank. Guaranteed entry is available to eligible students from a rural area or disadvantaged financial background. i
Access Melbourne can help you gain a place in a course, even if your ATAR is below the Clearly-in Rank. Eligible students must apply through Access Melbourne and meet prerequisites.
You must achieve the minimum ATAR (if indicated) to be considered for entry to this degree. The Clearly-in Rank may be above the Minimum ATAR, depending on the demand for the course and the number of places available.
Units 3 & 4: A study score of at least 25 in English/English Language/Literature or at least 30 in EAL, and at least 25 in Chemistry and in Mathematical Methods (CAS) or Specialist Mathematics.
Once you've graduated from this degree, you can choose to undertake further study to gain a professional qualification in one of the following areas: